So with Christmas coming up I thought Id look at winter warmers as per usual from different place in the world. When I think of winter I think of root vegetable, chillies, and pungent spices. So this Finnish cake that is flavoured with cinnamon and ginger seems like the perfect thing to be added to the Christmas bake list.
- 4 eggs
- 225 grams of soft unsalted butter (melted)
- 225 grams of raw caster sugar
- 250ml of full fat sour cream
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of bi-carbonate of soda
- 225 grams of flour
- Two teaspoons each of ground ginger, cardamom and mixed spice
- pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Cream sugar and butter together
- Mix all the other dry ingredients
- fold eggs and sour cream in tthe creamed mixture of butter and eggs
- mix the two lots of ingredients together
- bake till risen and a soft brown, normaly 45min-1hr.
I’m not a fan of cinnamon and ginger but it went down a treat with my little sisters housemates. The recipe was suggested and provided by Alexander.
Last updated: 19/02/2017